Monday, 6 June 2016

“With my experience of social media, I thought that idiots were going to idiot,” she said in an interview with the Observer. “But what can you say? That’s the way the world is. Noma was chosen because she was the best actress for the job.” 
While the vast majority of people responded positively to the casting decision, Rowling said: “I had a bunch of racists telling me that because Hermione ‘turned white’ – that is, lost colour from her face after a shock – that she must be a white woman, which I have a great deal of difficulty with. But I decided not to get too agitated about it and simply state quite firmly that Hermione can be a black woman with my absolute blessing and enthusiasm.”
Source

2 comments:

  1. J. K. Rowling always tries to sound pro-multicultural, and "anti-racist", even when no one is asking about it. Always seeking peer approval and trying to be seen as "nice" towards non-whites.

    I don't know if she is simply a coward seeking the approval of "society", or there is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She comes off as a pissy woman. The more rational your rebutle is, the more she sticks to her guns out of spite. But shes the George Lucas of her creation and she can rewrite what ever she wants

    ReplyDelete